Senior Business Analyst
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Provides operational and consultative support through conducting
business operations analysis (how works gets done within a
functional group) and reporting and analysis that is typically
function-specific (e.g., claims, distribution, underwriting,
marketing, etc.)Performs research, analyzes information, presents
findings, and recommends changes and/or takes actions based on
various factors (e.g., data insights, regulatory changes, feedback
from quality assurance reviews, market information, etc.) to solve
problems and improve business outcomes.Works with general direction
from manager on more complex tasks.Responsibilities:
- Identifies business processes to review. Performs moderately
complex research by gathering data from a variety of sources, which
may include operational data, metrics, competitor information, and
feedback from business partners.
- Conducts analyses based on operational, economic and/or
financial data in order to quantify the competitive performance of
business segments, evaluate potential operational changes, and/or
design new approaches and methodologies.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and
insights using descriptive analytics. May use data visualization
tools to further business insights.
- Builds the business case for making a change to current
practices, programs or procedures.
- Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment,
cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Partners with stakeholders on the design, testing,
implementation, and evaluation of business process changes to
improve business outcomes.
- Owns implementation and evaluation for changes considered of
moderate complexity (e.g., area within a function).
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on metrics used to determine
operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, or other
measures deemed valuable to an organization.
- Owns report development and modification for reports/dashboards
considered of moderate complexity.
- Develops, modifies, and distributes standard and ad hoc
reports/dashboards to better understand the overall business and/or
- Develops presentations and shares findings as well as
- Receives, evaluates and responds to data-related inquiries by
applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining
information from various sources.
- Displays effective research, problem solving, analytical,
critical thinking, influencing, relationship management, and
- Solid business operations knowledge to include understanding
the function's value chain and market conditions.
- Ability to support change and impart value within an
- Solid project management skills as part of implementing
business process changes. Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of available data sources, strengths and
shortcomings. Solid knowledge of database software preferred.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools preferred.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree or
equivalent experience in addition to 2+ years of relevant
experience to include business analysis work. At Liberty Mutual,
our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue
tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness,
inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive
range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your
passion into a rewarding profession. Liberty Mutual has proudly
been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work
US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the
"100 Best Places to Work in IT" onIDG's Insider Pro and
Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been
named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and
one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of
America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our
commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: We value your
hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we
put people first by offering you benefits that support your life
and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please
visit: Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Somerville , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!