R&D Technician - Chemical Process Development
Company: Berkner Group
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Background & Overview Sublime Systems' mission is to have a
swift and massive impact on reducing global CO2 emissions by
decarbonizing cement, the key ingredient in concrete. Founded in
2020, Sublime Systems has taken on the challenge of transforming
the cement production process. Leading investors including The
Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon
Capital have funded Sublime's technology, recognizing that this
paradigm shift in production has set us on the path to deliver high
performance, net-zero solutions to concrete producers, thereby
driving gigaton-scale reductions in CO2 emissions.
If you are galvanized by seeking solutions to hard problems,
inspired to combat climate change, and have a "hard hat" in your
DNA, contact us today to learn more about Sublime Systems. We are
seeking extraordinary scientists, engineers, market and business
development strategists, and operations experts to propel
innovation and market transformation.
Position Overview Sublime Systems seeks an R&D Technician to
contribute to the development of our technology. The technician
will be responsible for conducting laboratory testing on Sublime
Systems' cement manufacturing process to contribute to process
improvement and scale up. This is an exciting opportunity to combat
global climate change by transforming how the world makes cement.
This is a full time (40 hr/week) position located in Somerville,
MA. Overtime and/or weekend work shifts may be available.
- Carrying out hands-on testing of Sublime's cement manufacturing
process in our chemistry laboratory following guidance from Sublime
Systems' research scientists.
- Carefully following established procedures to test
manufacturing process steps.
- Performing analytical measurements to characterize the physical
and chemical properties of solids and aqueous solutions.
- Building, operating, and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Ordering supplies, tools, and materials.
- Diligently documenting and compiling measurement results.
- Championing safety in all of Sublime's work.
- Helping to develop a supportive, innovative, and dynamic
company culture. Knowledge and Skill Requirements The role will
focus on hands-on chemistry, chemical engineering, and/or materials
science laboratory testing. The technician's time will be spent
running test reactions, preparing test samples, and performing
measurements in the laboratory. The ideal candidate will be results
driven, detail-oriented, organized, and able to thrive in a
- High school diploma required. Associate degree or higher in
chemistry, engineering, materials science, or a related field is a
- Able to perform lab work including setting up and operating
testing equipment, running test reactions, characterizing
materials, and recording results.
- Mechanically inclined and comfortable assembling and operating
- Previous experience working in a chemistry, chemical
engineering, or materials science laboratory.
- Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen,
distill information, consult, and suggest new approaches.
- Strong communication skills, good judgement, and
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, focusing on accuracy
and quality, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Balance, perspective, and a good sense of humor.
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Your Right to Work In compliance with federal
law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and
eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the
required employment eligibility verification document form upon
The Berkner Group has been engaged to execute this search. If you
were contacted by The Berkner Group, please reply to the person who
contacted you. If you are applying to a job posting, please email
your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com.
Please include your name and the title for this position ("[Your
name] - Sublime Systems - R&D Technician - Chemical Process
Development") in the subject line of your email. We look forward to
hearing from you!
Keywords: Berkner Group, Somerville , R&D Technician - Chemical Process Development, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!