Company: Keolis North America, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Knowledge and Skills:
- Perform activities such as fitting together metal pieces of
movable bridges, shaping, turning, boring, planning, grinding,
finishing or adjusting metal parts of a machine and pipes. Work on
compressors, moveable doors, pump houses, millwright type of work,
- Involves working outside of all types of weather conditions
year round as assigned.
- Includes work at varying heights on bridges, roofs,
- Requires daily travel to various Keolis sites and
- Comply with all related safety rules and procedures and report
all hazards as required.
- Attend and participate in all assigned training, specifically
safety and security related.
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent educational
- Must have four years of experience as a heavy equipment
- Welding experience preferred.
- Must have a Valid Driver's License. Commercial Driver's License
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, electrical and electronic
systems, and pneumatic systems as it pertains to the operation and
maintenance of roadway machinery.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade and/or vocational training preferred.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, lift, bend, and stoop and
carry heavy loads.
- Must have experience in one of the following: Piping, machine
work, steel work, welding or associated craft.
- Must be able to communicate successfully with a variety of
disciplines and levels, both internal and external staff.
- Ability to communicate in English with relative ease.
- Must pass a physical examination.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Satisfactory prior work history
- Heavy work, lifting up to 50 pounds individually or
occasionally up to 100 pounds with a coworker.
- Must be able to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an
- Shift Work: work hours may include overtime, and various shift
work. Involves working outside in all types of weather conditions
year- round as assigned
- Travel - Daily to job locations mostly in company
- On-Call - As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Team Work - Work as part of the Engineering team.
- Other - This is a unionized position
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By placing
safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees, customers,
and communities. Together we can become the most successful
transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the
environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people
and the communities in which we operate.
EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment Opportunity
to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, sex,
religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender
identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work performed by
employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is
committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and
benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an
exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment
Keywords: Keolis North America, Inc., Somerville , Machinist Journeyman, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!