Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 23, 2023
- Effective communication skills at interpersonal and group
levels, with a variety of disciplines, both internal and
- Demonstrated ability to build trust in relationships.
- Demonstrated capability to influence, negotiate and facilitate
buy-in with a variety of stakeholders up to and including labor
organizations, clients, external PTAs and other counterpart
- Proven ability to lead by example to foster positive
cross-functional relationships with internal and external
- Must excel at working collaboratively and independently
dependent on what the activity requires.
- Must possess excellent verbal, writing, and basic accounting
skills. Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad
Administration, American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way
Association, Association of American Railroads, and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations.
- Competency in Construction Means and Methods
- Direct experience with projects in the Rail Industry related to
Track, Signal, Bridge & Building, and Environmental
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience working in Construction
- Proficient in Project Controls: Scheduling, and Resourcing
- Commercially astute with good negotiating skills.
- Experience with a Passenger Train system or a Class 1 Railroad
- Key personal traits, forward-thinking, proactive, resilient,
sound judgment, innovation where its required, driven by the
relentless pursuit of excellence Key Accountabilities Construction
- Manage, Direct, and Oversee Construction Projects assigned from
inception to completion with a focus on Field Activities.
- Coordinate construction activities with contractors and project
management staff including the scheduling of flagging, signal,
electrical and track support and proposed track outages.
- Perform oversight and inspection of Construction Activities to
ensure conformance to the outlined scope of work.
- Develop reports related to active construction projects
highlighting the health of the current project
- Attend Project Related Meetings
- Collaborate with Project Management to oversee the project and
deconflict issues as they arise.
- Identify and resolve safety concerns, and scheduling
- Develop and layout project-specific field activities working
alongside organization leadership and Project Management
- Manage relationships with 3rd Party Vendors and collaborate on
the development of subcontractor scopes of work.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
--- Assess, Manage, and Mitigate project risk.
- Support the development of specifications for project field
services that will be outsourced Quality:
- Maintain the highest level of quality in work products
- Optimize the performance of the KCS asset safety, reliability,
and availability by embedding good or best practices, instilling a
culture of continuous improvement, implementing technical
innovation, and improving management systems.
- Responsible for quality assurance of the work performed.
- Attend and participate in all construction meetings with
various contractors and client.
- Identify opportunities to improve and enhance quality. General:
- Demonstrate understanding and adhere to the KCS principles of
Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence & Safety, Customer
Satisfaction, Corporate Social Responsibility and Economic
- Ensure departmental policies, procedures and strategies
continuously support Track and Communications & Signals (C&S)
objectives, as well as programs to assure compliance with federal,
state, and other applicable rules, regulations and KCS / MBTA
- Provide safety and quality assurance that appropriate
mandatory, MBTA and KCS standards are being delivered, both
internally by KCS staff and externally by KCS suppliers.
- Drive improvement of safety performance in sync with the annual
safety plan for the Building & Bridges Department. Plan for and
direct operations during service disruptions and periods of extreme
weather to ensure a safe working environment. Additional Statements
Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
examination. Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis.
By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world. Environmental
commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by
minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the
communities in which we operate. EEO statement: Our policy is to
afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. ADA Reasonable Accommodation:-- Keolis CS is committed to
the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this
commitment, Keolis CS will ensure that persons with disabilities
are provided reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable
accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or
interview process please contact Elizabeth Weber, Director
Diversity, Inclusion, Title VI & ADA at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-352-0799. Disclaimer and
closing statement: The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is
committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and
benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an
exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment
possible. #CB #INDHP
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Construction Manager, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...