Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
(equivalent experience will be considered).
- Electrical experience in a rail, transit, transportation or
- Electrical/technical knowledge of MBTA rolling stock
- Familiar with APTA, AAR and CFR 49 parts 218, 229, 238.
- Experience working in a unionized environment. Skills:
- Strong verbal and writing skills to successfully communicate
with all levels of the organization, including shop maintenance
personnel, stores and procurement personnel, managers, clients and
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and AutoCAD
- Exceptional planning, organization and time management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make
decisions for optimal results.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical and control
- Experience working with electrical, mechanical and pneumatic
- Experience with Asset Management Systems, such as Trapeze EAM.
- Leads investigations to troubleshoot, repair and document
issues reported on the rolling stock fleet.
- Oversees rebuild and modification projects as required.
- Creates and reviews Engineering Change documents for electrical
related equipment modifications.
- Provides written documentation/reports as requested or required
per MBTA contract.
- Assists with hands-on training and mentoring as necessary.
- Performs periodic maintenance audits to review processes,
tooling and adherence to specified processes.
- Develops force account (supplemental) work projects, utilizing
electrical expertise to modify and improve rolling stock
- Implements and monitors operational practices to ensure
equipment reliability and quality while ensuring a safe and
- Complies with and ensures staff compliance with all safety
rules and procedures and reports all hazards as required.
- Attends project and warranty meetings as needed to ensure that
project/fleet managers are aware of issues to support new fleet and
- Supports the operation during periods of extreme weather.
- Completes other duties as assigned. Additional Statements: Drug
and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
examination. Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis.
By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world. Environmental
commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by
minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the
communities in which we operate. EEO statement: Our policy is to
afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Keolis is committed to offering our employees competitive
compensation and benefits, opportunities for development and growth
throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work
environment possible. #INDHP #CB
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...