Sheet Metal Worker
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, lift, bend, and stoop and
carry repeatedly heavy loads.
- Must have the ability to read, speak, understand and
communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders.
- Ability to work at heights up to 100 feet.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and underground.
- Must be able to work outside as assigned in all types of
weather conditions year round, including severe weather.
- Must have the ability to work from verbal and written
- Must have the ability to work well both with others or alone as
- Must be familiar with reverse osmosis filtration.
- Familiarity with NFPA 25 preferred. Experience
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent educational
- Must have a minimum of 3 years practical experience in related
- Must possess at least one of the following Massachusetts
Licenses: Plumbers, Oil Burner, HVAC or Pipe Fitter.
- Must have a valid driver's license. CDL and/or hoisting license
preferred. Key Accountabilities
- Perform maintenance and construction activities as
- Perform preventative maintenance, routine and emergency repairs
plus trouble shooting of various plumbing, air, liquid transport,
and HVAC and sand systems.
- Maintain and construct various plumbing, air, liquid transport,
HVAC and sand systems, both below and above ground.
- Must complete all work in compliance with FRA, MBTA and Keolis
Commuter Services Standards.
- Prepare and complete forms as required.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment.
- Draw and interpret drawings.
- Requires daily travel to various MBTA sites and
- Comply with all related safety rules and procedures and report
all hazards as required.
- Attend and participate in all assigned training, specifically
safety and security related.
- Other duties as assigned during emergencies. Other
- Employment contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical
and drug and alcohol screen.-- Also contingent upon receiving a
favorable background check. Effort Factors: Physical / Mental
- Repeated lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Repetitive pushing/pulling of objects in excess of 40 lbs.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle,
feel and/or reach with hands and arms.
- Work is performed inside and/or outside and includes exposure
to extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, mechanical
hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Requires the ability to climb onto rail equipment.
- Must be able to visit various outlying maintenance points in
all weather conditions.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to reach 6-12 inches above head to perform
- Manual dexterity required - fine motor skills.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching or kneeling
- Ability to perform all duties above. Working Conditions: Noise
Level:------------ Very loud Shift Work:---------------- Shift work
required to cover 24-Hr operation
On-Call:------------------------ Emergencies, off shift projects &
rotating weekend duty. Supervisory:------------ No --Additional
Statements Drug and alcohol screening:-- Employment contingent upon
passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.-- Also, contingent
upon receiving a favorable background check.-- Must pass a physical
examination. Safety commitment:-- Safety is a way of life at
Keolis.-- By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our
employees, customers, and communities.-- Together we can become the
most successful transportation company in the world. Environmental
commitment:-- Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by
minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the
communities in which we operate. EEO statement:-- Our policy is to
afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, or gender identification.-- We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. Disclaimer and closing statement:-- The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by employees assigned to this classification.-- These are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and the skills required of employees
assigned to this job.-- Keolis is committed to offering our
employees competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for
development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career,
and the safest work environment possible. #INDHP #CB
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Sheet Metal Worker, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!