Senior Track Engineer - Construction
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Minimum Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering and minimum of
five (5) years' practical experience in either a railroad or
construction management environment or ten (10) years of practical
experience in a railroad construction management environment.
- Demonstrated acumen with regulatory requirements including DOT,
FRA, and OSHA.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of American Railway Engineering and
Maintenance-of-Way Association and Association of American
Railroads specifications and regulations.
- Proficient understanding of construction means and methods.--
- Highly organized and disciplined project management skills,
with detailed knowledge of best practice project management
- Proven ability to lead by example to foster positive cross
functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
including multidisciplinary teams within a complex railroad
environment or similar field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as
project management, time management, decision-making, and
analytical skills in a deadline-driven role. Successfully
communicate with a variety of disciplines and levels, both internal
and external key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team in a comparable
field (commercial negotiation, bidding, proposal development etc.)
Experience managing specialist or consultants in financial
modelling, engineering and/or technology fields. Key
Accountabilities (Essential Job Duties):
- Demonstrates understanding and adheres to the KCS principles of
Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence, Safety & Security, and
- Implement and monitor operational practices to ensure equipment
reliability and quality service while ensuring a safe and
- Represent KCS-Engineering at construction, track outages, site
inspections, as well as payment and payment documentation meetings
with the MBTA.
- Assist the Program Director by acting as a liaison between the
MBTA, third- party contractors, and Massachusetts Realty Group when
- Analyze utilization of department workforce and facilities to
continuously identify improvement in work practices and
- Comply with and ensure staff compliance with all safety rules
and procedures and report all hazards as required.
- Manage construction and support crews, oversee implementation
of RWP policies and procedures, and all documentation relative to
providing construction and support services including verification
and processing of cost controls and invoicing.
- Develop construction schedules and report on progress.
Routinely identify and manage risks to safety, quality,
performance, and cost.
- Review design drawings and specifications prepared by MBTA
contractors to reduce the construction's impact on the railroad,
for constructability issues, and for maintainability. Prepare and
review comments for same.
- Coordinate cost estimating, budgeting, monitoring and control
for construction projects and support services. Develop
specifications for subcontractor scopes of services.
- Other duties as assigned. Working Conditions (including
- Split between Office Environment and On-Site Field
- Ability to travel to meetings throughout the Commuter Rail
- Occasionally provide out-of-hours and weekends to support
operational needs of the business. Additional Statements:
- Drug and alcohol screening: Employment contingent upon passing
pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent upon
receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
- Safety commitment: Safety is a way of life at Keolis. By
placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world.--
- Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the
environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people
and the communities in which we operate.
- EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal Employment
Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race,
color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identification. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job, and
Keolis retains the right to change or assign other duties to this
position. Employees must be able to perform the essential job
duties of this position satisfactorily. If requested, reasonable
accommodation will be made to enable employees with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue
hardship.-- Keolis is committed to offering our employees
competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for
development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career,
and the safest work environment possible. #INDHP #CB
Keywords: Keolis North America, Somerville , Senior Track Engineer - Construction, Professions , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!