Retail Sales Manager - Northeast Job
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Primary location: Boston, Massachusetts
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
As our Retail Sales Manager, Northeast, you will be responsible for
managing the sales process with independent building material
wholesalers, Lumber dealers, buying groups and builders within the
Northeast region, including CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT. You will
also be tasked with achieving or exceeding budgeted ceilings and
grid sales volume and mix targets.
What you'll be doing
- Own territory performance that aligns with company KPI's and
Retail objectives in product promotions, revenue, pricing, gross
margin, and market share
- Proactively manage customer performance by providing guidance
on pricing, sales leads, training and technical support to
distributors, retail dealers, and home builders
- Develop and execute customer business plans aligned with growth
and sales initiatives of ceilings and grid
- Develop and execute promotional plans to achieve growth
- Forecast sales volume and manage expenses within company policy
- Analyze and review sales trends by region to identify
opportunities and threats
- Leverage data, through customer POS and internal reporting to
maximize market share, sales, and profits
- Initiate merchandising changes and updates to dealer
- Collect and organize account information in
- Improve Average Unit Value (AUV) over time through incremental
price attainment and mix improvement
- Extensive travel to provide training development and
- Collaborate with other areas such as marketing, finance,
pricing, customer service, manufacturing, and commercial divisions
to support AWI initiatives and product offerings
- Act as field technical resource for customers while mediating
claim liability and managing settlements
Requirements that will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of Sales experience in the building materials industry
and/or significant knowledge of Residential Ceilings
- Proven track record of identifying growth opportunities with
success in executing sales strategies
- Experience working with Building Material Dealers and Two-Step
- Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Business, sales, or marketing related degree
- Experience in retail and/or independent retailer side of the
building materials business
- Experience in managing a multi-state territory
- Working experience with SAP, Analysis for Office, Tableau or
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
- Making a positive difference in the environments and
communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven
workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Sales Management, Marketing Manager, Recruiting,
Manager, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Management
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Somerville , Retail Sales Manager - Northeast Job, Sales , Somerville, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!